Hydrogen Peroxide is made of 2 hydrogen and 2 oxygen
atoms, and it has very strong oxidative properties so you can use it for disinfecting stuff, but you can also use it for something else.
Here are 24 ways to use hydrogen peroxide in your home.
1. Bath – You can add hydrogen peroxide to your bath and it will get rid of all the chemicals and toxins from the skin and body. Just put about one liter of 3% hydrogen peroxide into a bathtub and soak for half an hour.2. Remove Ear Wax – If the ear wax sealed the ear canals in your ear, use some hydrogen solution to unclog it. Put a few drops into the ear canal and if you feel a crackling sensation, that means cerumen is dissolving.
3. Disinfection of Wounds – If you cut yourself, you can use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect that place. Use 3% solution to clean the wound. It will make a foam that will flush away all the dirt from the wound.
4. Fungal Infection of the Feet – Make a hydrogen peroxide solution (ratio of 50:50) and soak your feet every night before bed. Your feet should be dry all the time because these infections can come back.
5. Toothpaste – Baking soda and 3% hydrogen peroxide are excellent combo when it comes to cleaning teeth.
6. Mouthwash – Use a cap of the bottle full of hydrogen peroxide and hold that solution in your mouth for 10 minutes. Spit it out. This should be your daily routine, and your smile will look amazing.
7. Toothache – Hydrogen peroxide can kill the pathogens that cause the infection in your mouth. But, keep in mind that this solution is not a painkiller. Rinse your mouth with this solution few times a day and also try using coconut oil one time a day. You will save your teeth and have a fresh smile.
8. Toothbrush – Soak your toothbrush in a 3% hydrogen peroxide and brush your teeth. Your teeth and toothbrush will be safe from germs.
9. Douche – If you have a yeast infection, use 2 cups of 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed with warm distilled water and use it once a week.
10. Hair Lightening – Use a solution of hydrogen peroxide in the ratio of 50:50 and spray it on your wet hair. Comb the solution and this treatment will give you the highlights, but only if you have a dirty blond or a light brown color.
11. Colonic or Enema – Add 8 oz of hydrogen peroxide to 5 gallons of warm water if you use it as a colonic, but if you are doing an enema, add a tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide to a quart of warmish distilled water.
12. Tooth whitening – Just use 3% hydrogen peroxide for some time, and your teeth will become whiter.
13. Contact Lenses – You probably didn’t know, but hydrogen peroxide is used in CIBA Vison’s Clear Care no-rubbing cleaning solution for contact lenses. It does a miracle to the sensitive eyes.
Sanitizing / Disinfection / Cleaning
14. Household Surfaces and Kitchen – You can use hydrogen peroxide for cleaning your home, and it will leave it clean and bacteria-free. Just put a bit of this solution on the dishrag, or even put it on the surface. You can also make 50:50 of 3% hydrogen solution and clean your bathroom with it. Clean fridge with it, and even add vinegar to the improve cleaning process.
15. Dishwasher – Just add 2 oz of 3% hydrogen solution to the washing products you use regularly.
16. Laundry washing – If you want for your whites to become whiter, just add a cup of hydrogen peroxide. It will even clean blood stains if you put it on the dirty spot. Leave it for a moment and rinse it off.
17. Laundry and Stains – As I said, you can remove blood stains with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Just put a small amount of it on the stain and it will start bubbling. Wipe the excess liquid with a cloth or paper towel.
18. Humidifiers and Steamers – Put one pint of 3% hydrogen solution in a gallon of water and pour it in the humidifier and steamer.
19. Veggie Soak – If you think your veggies need to be neutralized from harmful chemicals, just add a quarter container of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the sink. Of course, fill it with water first. Soak veggies in them and then rinse, dry and put in the fridge.
20. Leftover Tossed Salad – Just mix a half cup of water and one tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide, put over the salad, drain, cover and keep in the fridge.
21. Food preparation – You can use hydrogen peroxide to kill pathogens and you can use it to clean cooking and food prep surfaces.
22. Meat sanitizing – Just rinse off meat with a hydrogen solution before cooking it.
23. Sprouting seeds – Douse the seed overnight in an ounce of 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed with a pint of water. Add same dosage of hydrogen solution every time you rinse off the seeds.
24. Marinades – Combine the same amount of water and 3% hydrogen solution and pour it over the meat, cover and keep in a fridge for 30 minutes. Rinse the meat off and continue cooking.